Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tat, tat, tatted up!

“My body is my journal, and my tattoos are my story.” 
- Johnny Depp


I lost my virginity last Saturday. My ink virginity. I finally got my first tattoo. I met up with three of my friends for a day of body modification. Our first stop was at Timeless Tattoo. I've had the idea of an enso on my wrist for a long time. What's an enso, you ask? Well...

An open enso signifies an ongoing journey; Leaving the ensō open is like leaving room for the spirit to flow in and out of the circle of emptiness; allowing it to breathe. Breath and emptiness are essential ingredients for meditation, contemplation and the creation of a spiritual life.

I finally took the dive and had a simple version of one tattooed. It's the biggest commitment I've ever made.. and maybe ever will. Haha!





We slid on over to a piercing shop so my friend LeAnn could get two additional piercings on her ears. Girl's got about 6-7 piercing on her ears and they look fierce!  We rounded out the afternoon with drinks and a late lunch at Roxx Tavern off of Cheshire Bridge. They serve a mean margarita and one of the best cucumber martinis I've ever tasted.





After my experience last weekend, I have a feeling this tattoo won't be my last...



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment